KML Tool is a program designed to retrieve coordinates from Google Earth’s Keyhole Markup Language files (KML).
The program interface has a very minimalistic interface as shown in the figure. At the top of the program should be the menu bar followed by a field to select a KML. Below there is a button to retrieve coordinates followed by a text field to show the coordinates.
Some technical features are:
- This program is coded in the C++ programming language.
- The Qt5 libraries are used for the graphical interface.
- The program can retrieve coordinates text from KML files.
- Supported place marks are: Point, LineString and Polygon.
The procedure to retrieve coordinates from a KML file is very simple.
- Use the browse button (the one with the three dots “…”) to locate a file from your computer, only KML files can be selected.
- You can also use the menu File > Open.
- The path and name of the selected file will appear in the text field.
- Use button Retrieve to extract the coordinates from the selected KML file.
- The text of the coordinates should appear in the text field below.
- You can copy, edit or save the coordinates as desired.
- To save the coordinates to a text file use the menu File > Save.
Windows 64 bits executable (zip)
Windows 64 bits executable (exe)
At the moment no installer is provided just download, extract and run the program.
This program does not have any special requirements, but it’s designed to work in any modern computer using a graphical interface.
KML Tool Retrieve coordinates from a KML file Copyright (C) 2018 Eduardo Jiménez <email@example.com> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.